Hampton Park needs no introduction as one of South Belfast's most prestigious addresses, a mature tree lined park that hosts an array of stunning detached family homes and number 8 is no exception. A period, red brick, double fronted detached residence, that blends character and charm with modern living. From the original stain glass windows at various points throughout the house, wood panelled reception hall, cornice ceilings, plaster mouldings, fire places and the sense of grandeur you get from not only the proportion of the rooms but the ceiling heights. Adding to the popularity is its convenience to the local amenities, such as Forestside, leading schools, both primary & post primary and the restaurants off the Ormeau Road.
- Descriptive tour
- From the images its clear to see that this property oozes character and charm, but its only upon internal inspection that you can fully appreciate all aspects of this home both inside and out. The wood panelled reception hall provides access to the three reception rooms, cloakroom with high flush W/C and extended fitted kitchen. From the kitchen you can walk out to the enclosed courtyard with purpose built storage/boiler house and outside toilet.
The first floor landing is as impressive as the reception hall, with original stain glass windows either end and original cornice, leading to the five well proportioned bedrooms and white bathroom suite.
Outside the property benefits from a large front garden and driveway that sweeps round to the front of the house and also provides access to the detached matching garage.
To the rear there is a superb, well stocked rear garden with an excellent range of plants trees and shrubs that captures the afternoon sun.
- Hardwood front door with fan light to entrance porch. Original tiled flooring. Stain glass inner door with matching side panels. Fan light to reception hall.
- Reception Hall
- Mahogany wooden panelling. Cornice ceiling. Access to cloak room and downstairs toilet.
- Drawing Room 19'6 x 13'10 (5.94m x 4.22m)
- (wood panelled bay) Tiled fire-place with decorative mahogany surround. Picture rail. Cornice ceiling. Decorative ceiling mouldings.
- Dining Room 18'3 x 13'11 (5.56m x 4.24m)
- Into Wood panelled bay. Tiled fire place with mahogany surround and mantle. Picture rail. Cornice ceiling. Decorative ceiling mouldings.
- Family Room 14'3 x 13'2 (4.34m x 4.01m)
- Tiled fire-place with railway wooden surround. Cornice ceiling. Picture rail. Access to store with sink unit. (3.33m x 1.19m)
- Down-stairs Cloakroom
- High flush w.c. Sink unit. Wooden panelling. Tiled flooring.
- Extended Kitchen / Dining 23'8 x 18'9 (7.21m x 5.72m)
- (at widest points) Full range of high and low level units, single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, built in ceramic hob and under-oven. Extractor fan. Eye level oven, walk in larder. Access to rear courtyard.
- First Floor
- Bedroom One 18'5 x 14'1 (5.61m x 4.29m)
- (into bay) Cornice ceiling. Picture rail. Cast iron fire-place with tiled inset decorative wooden surround. Sink unit.
- Bedroom Two 18'4 x 14'1 (5.59m x 4.29m)
- Cast iron fire-place with tiled inset decorative wooden surround. Picture rail. Cornice ceiling.
- Bedroom Three 14'5 x 13'0 (4.39m x 3.96m)
- Cornice ceiling. Picture rail. Fire-place with tiled inset and decorative wooden surround.
- Bedroom Four 4.24 x 4.03 (13'11" x 13'3")
- Cast iron fire-place tiled inset. Decorative wooden surround. Cornice ceiling. Picture rail.
- Bedroom Five / Study 10'10 x 7'1 (3.30m x 2.16m)
- White Bathroom Suite
- Comprising wooden panelled bath with shower unit above. Pedestal wash hand basin. Fully tiled walls. Tongue and groove ceiling . Hot-press.
- Separate W/C
- Low flush W/C. Wood panelling to walls and ceiling.
- Spacious landing with original mahogany wooden panelling. Cornice ceiling and plaster mouldings. Stain glass windows to at the front and also to the rear.
- Front Garden
- Mature front garden laid in lawns bordered by hedging.
Tarmac driveway with ample parking to the front of the property which is continued to the side leading to the detached garage.
- Detached Garage
- Electric double solid wooden doors.
- Outside Rear
- From the kitchen access is provided to a rear courtyard with storage rooms and boiler house. Terracotta tiling.
- Rear image
- The courtyard leads out to an impressive, well stocked rear garden laid in lawns with a host of mature trees plants and shrubs, bordered by fencing and the old Belvoir wall that runs the length of Hampton Park.
Metal oil tank.
Please note that we have not tested the services or systems in this property. Purchasers should make/commission their own inspections if they feel it is necessary.