Detached two bedroom stone cottage, stone out buildings and a two bedroom caravan set on a stunning 0.33 acre site on the Old Cushendun Road, close to Newtoncrommelin.
The cottage was originally built around 1840 and the vendors have been restoring it with a view to living "off grid" in this beautiful and peaceful setting.
The restoration is almost finished and just needs a bathroom suite installed to make it habitable. It could be a fabulous home or holiday home for those looking for something a bit different.
NO ONWARD CHAIN - CASH OFFERS ONLY
- Property description
- The accommodation in the cottage comprises hallway, lounge, kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. The property is almost habitable as it still needs the bathroom suite to be installed. Central heating by way of a multi-fuel stove, water piped from nearby flooded mine, electricity from solar panels and diesel generator and waste managed by a septic tank. UPVC double glazing and aluminium guttering. Four stone outbuilding and two bedroom caravan which vendors had been living in whilst doing the renovations and refurbishment. Circa 0.33 acre site with gardens mostly to the front.
- Hardwood front door and tiled floor.
- Lounge 4.35m x 3.7m (14'3" x 12'2")
- Double aspect living room with tiled inset and brick fireplace with over mantle and multi-fuel stove which heats the water and radiators. Slate tiled floor.
- Kitchen 3.35m x 2.85m (11'0" x 9'4")
- Good range of floor and eye level kitchen units with one and half bowl stainless steel sink, drainer and mixer tap. Space for cooker and fridge / freezer and plumbed for washing machine. Slate tiled floor and tiled walls. Hotpress. Hardwood and glazed rear door.
- Bathroom 2.1m x 1.75m (6'11" x 5'9")
- Slate tiled floor and tiled walls. Plumbed for WC, wash hand basin and bath.
- Bedroom 1 4.25m x 2.9m (13'11" x 9'6")
- Double aspect bedroom with brick fireplace and laminate strip wood flooring.
- Bedroom 2 4.35m x 2.8m (14'3" x 9'2")
- Double aspect bedroom with laminate strip wood flooring.
- Stone outbuildings
- Four stone outbuildings, one housing the diesel generator.
- Two bedroom caravan
- Stoned driveway to parking area at front of cottage. Front garden in lawn with vegetable patches, raised planters, poly tunnel and mature trees. Built into the hill at the rear. Stunning views over surrounding countryside to front and rear.
Please note that we have not tested the services or systems in this property. Purchasers should make/commission their own inspections if they feel it is necessary.