Behind a high stone wall, opposite Donaghadee Golf Club on the exclusive Warren Road, lies Ladybird Cottage. Steeped in local history, enjoying privacy and uninterrupted views to the Copeland Islands and the Irish Sea, Ladybird is a part of Dunottar Park, a long-established private cul de sac with just five other residences.
The view from Ladybird is, quite simply, superb. By day, yachts and fishing boats pass up and down the Sound. At night the twinkle of buoys and the loom of the Copeland Lighthouse provide a quiet and peaceful backdrop.
One of Ladybird's unique features is the Warren, a fern-clad park to the rear of the house. Owned jointly by the residents of Dunottar Park, the Warren is protected by legal agreement prohibiting building or development. A sandy path leads down from Ladybird through ferns to the beach. In a dell within the Warren, there is a small play area for residents' children, sheltered by plum trees and ferns, providing total privacy and security.
Ladybird has not been offered for sale for some 60 years, having been in family ownership for much of that time. The cottage has been maintained to a very high standard by the current owners. There are three reception areas, one with open fire, three double bedrooms, a tiled kitchen, utility room, shower room and a separate bathroom. The cottage has ample storage throughout.
A garage and parking area directly off Dunottar Park provides space for three vehicles. Additional parking is available for visitors in the Park.
Adjacent to the property and with its own entrance, there is a well proportioned annex, currently used as an art studio but ideal as an office for those who work from home, or for a variety of other uses.
The mature gardens and lawn have been thoughtfully landscaped and maintained. They include a vegetable garden, fruit trees, garden sheds, greenhouse and raised bedding areas with a colourful variety of flowers and shrubs. The Dugout, a sunken seating area,
- Accommodation Comprises:
- Entrance Hall
- Tiled flooring, built in storage, glazed door to sitting room.
- Dining Room 22'1 x 10'1
- Sliding doors to rear garden, uninterrupted sea views.
- Sitting Room 27'1 x 13'1
- Open fireplace with marble hearth and surround, wooden mantle and brick inset, uninterrupted sea views.
- Kitchen 14'1 x 8'1
- Modern range of high and low level units, wood effect work surfaces, built in oven, one and a quarter stainless steel sink with built in drainer and mixer tap, built in four ring gas hob, dishwasher and fridge, space for microwave, fully tiled walls, tiled flooring.
- Study 12'0 x 8'0
- Wood laminate flooring, roof light, door to utility room.
- Utility Room 14'1 x 6'0
- Range of high and low level units. Space for fridge/freezer, plumbed for washing machine, ceramic sink with mixer tap, fully tiled walls, tiled flooring, door to side garden.
- Shower Room
- White suite comprising low flush wc, corner wall mounted sink with mixer tap, walk in shower enclosure with overhead shower and glazed screen, wall mounted chrome radiator, fully tiled walls, tiled flooring, extractor fan, roof light.
- Rear Hall
- Tiled flooring, door to rear garden.
- Bedroom 1 13'1 x 12'0
- Double bedroom with built-in storage and uninterrupted sea views.
- Bedroom 2 21'1 x 10'1
- Double bedroom with garden and sea views.
- Bedroom 3 13'1 x 9'1
- Double bedroom with dual aspect views, overlooking rear garden, with uninterrupted sea views.
- White suite comprising low flush wc, vanity unit with sink, storage and mixer tap, vanity mirror, panelled bath with hand shower set, wall mounted radiator, linen cupboard with storage, fully tiled walls, fully tiled flooring, recessed spot lighting, extractor fan.
- Studio/Annex 17'1 x 14'0
- Sliding doors to rear garden, dual aspect views, two roof lights.
- Garage 22'0 x 10'0
- Power and light, mezzanine storage, door to driveway, electric roller door.
- Side: Raised bedding areas, power sockets, brick paviour driveway.
Rear: Area in lawn, vegetable garden, sunken seating area, summerhouse, mature plants, shrubs and trees, two sheds, mature hedging, paved walkway, raised bedding areas, access to communal areas and beach.
- Communal Ground
- The Warren, a private residents park with play area, seating, direct beach access and stunning views of the Copeland Islands and Irish Sea. Protected from development by a legal agreement between the residents of Dunottar Park.