We are pleased to offer for sale this outstanding equestrian establishment situated on Blacks Lane on the outskirts of Ballynahinch. The small holding includes spacious residence, first floor apartment, range of 8 loose-boxes, railed sand school and lands totalling to 10.5 acres or thereabouts set on an elevated position enjoying views over Dairy Lough and the surrounding countryside.
The residence offering spacious, well appointed accommodation on two floors including kitchen with granite worktops, double glazing and oil fired central heating. A large office / gym and first floor apartment are attached to the residence which could be integrated, providing a substantial residence if desired.
The equestrian facilities are first rate and include an American style barn with eight stables, tack room, shavings store and feed area with lofts at either end for storage of hay and straw, concrete base for a horse walker, midden and generous sized sand school. A selection of sheltered paddocks open onto the yard, together with a delightful wooded glade with a meandering pathway through it and the lands for those who take an early morning or evening stroll to enjoy the wildlife, flora and fauna which abound.
The current set up has been trading as an equestrian business in the past and would be ideal for someone wishing to start this up again. Property with land has sold well in recent times so early viewing is advised to avoid disapointment.
- Principle Features
- * 8 Stables with automatic drinkers
* 2 Haylofts
* Large feed room/ store
* Social room with toilet
* Individual lockable tack rooms
* Large sand school
* Two all weather turnouts
* Field shelter
* Base for horse walker
* Large washbay
* Large Muck Heap
- Reception Hall/ Utility Area 2.74m x 3.53m (9'0" x 11'7")
- Storage cupboards and corncing.
- Shower Room
- White suite comprising low flush w.c, wash hand basin and shower cubicle.
- Bedroom 1 3.10m x 4.04m (10'2" x 13'3")
- Front facing bedroom with built in wardrobes.
- Living Room 6.71m x 3.96m (22'0" x 13'0")
- Large bright living room with cornicing. Feature fireplace with multi fuel stove. French doors to:
- Garden Room 4.34m x 8.05m (14'3" x 26'5")
- Garden room suitable for a variety of uses including dining area. Sliding patio doors to paved patio and door to garden.
- Kitchen/Diner 3.56m x 4.27m (11'8" x 14'0")
- 1½ tub recessed sink unit with chrome mixer tap , extensive range of eye and floor level cupboards and drawers with matching glazed display cupboards with plate glass shelves, concealed lighting under cupboards; polished granite worktops; integrated midnight blue 2 oven oil fired Aga with 12 volt lighting over; integrated Samsung plumbed fridge; plumbed for dishwasher; matching corner bench seating with rotating table; engineered flooring.
- Hallway 3.99m x 2.00m (13'1" x 6'7")
- Office space and stairs to first floor.
- Velux window.
- Bedroom 2 3.96m x 4.25m (13'0" x 13'11")
- Vanity unit with recessed wash hand basin and with cupboards under; large eaves storage fitted with shelving and enclosed with curtains; open display area; built in wardrobe with clothes rail and storage shelves and enclosed with curtains; velux window; bulls eye spot lighting. Window overlooking the garden.
- White suite comprising panel bath, tiled surround, wc ,corner vanity unit with recessed wash hand basin, cupboards, walk-in hotpress with copper cylinder and willis type immersion heater;
- Bedroom 3 4.01m x 3.50m (13'2" x 11'6")
- Window to side, door. Velux window and built in robes.
- Terrace 1.86m x 4.09m (6'1" x 13'5")
- roofed terrace area with access to office/ gym
- Office/ Gym 4.47m x 4.09m (14'8" x 13'5")
- Sliding patio doors at both ends of the room to the yard and the garden.
- Double Garage
- Two up and over doors; power points; oil fired boiler; plumbed for washing machine.
- STEEL STEPS TO APARTMENT
- Living Room/ Bedsit 2.60m x 5.61m (8'6" x 18'5")
- Two velux window and into eaves storage.
- Kitchen 2.60m x 2.56m (8'6" x 8'5")
- Single drainer stainless steel sink unit with cupboards under; velux window.
- Shower room
- Suite comprising low flush w,c, wash hand basin and shower cubicle. Velux windows.
- The delightful mature gardens to front and two sides of the residence are laid out in terraced lawns, extensive beds of ornamental shrubs and trees and hand landscaped with stone steps and flagged patios and planted with an array of shrubs including Rhododrendron, Azealea with Hazel, Mahonia, Silver Birch, Varigated Holly and a fine selection of Spring Bulbs and herbaceous plants. Summer house and separate orchard with apple, pear and plumb trees. An archway leads to a well stocked kitchen garden with aluminium glass house and raised beds in timber frames. A flagged patio overlooks the garden. Woodland walks.
- Stable Block
- Including 8 stables with automatic drinking troughs and light points; concrete concourse to front; tack room; shavings store and lofts at either end for storage of fodder and straw; sodium lighting illuminates the yard.
Individual lockable tack rooms
6 Stable (14'0 x 12'0)
1 Stable (12'0 x 12'0)
1 Stable (12'0 x 10'0)
- Concrete enclosed wash bay
- All weather railed sand school 50m x 33m (164'0" x 108'3")
- Fenced, gated and floodlit.
- Two all weather turnout areas
- 10 Acres of Land
- The lands are laid down to pasture and are sub divided into convenient sized fields with ample natural shelter. Mains water is laid onto concrete drinking troughs in strategic locations. A mature wooded glade is opened up by a meandering pathway through the glade and is an ideal habitat for a wide selection of wildlife which frequents the area.