An impressive detached residence with a range of outbuildings, courtyard and mature gardens set on elevated private grounds off Antrim Road, Ballymena. This substantial home built circa 1920 has four bedrooms and two reception rooms, and offers both space and flexible living accommodation frequently sought by growing families. Whilst it would benefit from some modernisation, it is a lovely home with character and charm, retaining many original period features, high ceilings, sash windows, stained glass windows, cornices, fireplaces, and a grand staircase.
It is located within easy reach of all schools and retail, commercial & leisure amenities in Ballymena and its surrounds, and for those commuting you are quickly onto the A26/M2 road network with routes both north and south.
- Property description
- Ground floor accommodation comprises hallway, living room, dining room, kitchen, rear hallway, scullery, and utility area with WC, and on the first floor a generous landing, four double bedrooms and bathroom. The property is in generally good order, and benefits from an intruder alarm and an oil fired central heating system, with a recently installed condensing boiler.
- Externally there is a large detached two-storey stone outbuilding/garage and carport to the rear. The property has a tarmac driveway and parking area leading to the rear courtyard, all set in mature gardens with a vegetable garden, and pedestrian access to the Old Antrim Road.
- Interior - Ground floor
- Hallway with original wooden front door with glazed side and arch top panels. Staircase to first floor. Carpet
- Lounge 5.52m into bay x 4.6m (18'1" into bay x 15'1")
- Reception room with sash bay window and mahogany fireplace with tiled inset and hearth. Carpet.
- Dining Room 4.5m into bay x 4.2m (14'9" into bay x 13'9")
- Double aspect reception room with sash bay window and mahogany fireplace with tiled inset and hearth. Serving hatch to kitchen. Carpet.
- Kitchen 4.1m x 3.3m (13'5" x 10'10")
- Double aspect kitchen with good range of floor and eye level oak kitchen units and extractor hood. One and half bowl plastic sink, drainer and mixer tap. Integrated electric hob, grill, oven, fridge and dishwasher. Vinyl flooring and tiled splashback
- Rear Hallway 2.2m x 1.7m (7'3" x 5'7")
- With under stairs storage cupboard, including intruder alarm panel. Through to:
- Scullery 4.6m x 2.4m (15'1" x 7'10")
- Range of floor, eye level and display units. Oil fired condensing boiler
- Utility area / Boot Room 3.16m x 2.92m (10'4" x 9'7")
- Rear porch and utility area with separate WC, Belfast sink and wash hand basin. Plumbed for washing machine. Tiled floor and rear door.
- First floor
- Staircase to generous landing with stained glass feature window. Carpet.
- Bedroom 1 (4.60m x 4.55m (( 15'1" x 14'11")
- Front bedroom with telephone point. Carpet.
- Bedroom 2 4.20m x 3.70m (13'9" x 12'2")
- Front bedroom. Carpet.
- Bedroom 3 4.20m x 3.30m (13'9" x 10'10")
- Rear bedroom. Carpet.
- Bedroom 4 (4.65m x 2.45m (( 15'3" x 8'0")
- Rear bedroom. Carpet.
- Bathroom 3m x 2.82m (9'10" x 9'3")
- Step down from landing into triple aspect family bathroom. WC, wash hand basin and panel bath with shower attachment over bath. Heated towel rail and hot press.
- Front pillared gated entrance off the main Antrim Road onto tarmac driveway and parking area. Well maintained gardens.
Front garden with neat lawn, mature trees, hedging, flowerbeds, shrubs and lamp post.
Side garden lawn with mature shrubs and separate vegetable garden.
Rear Courtyard and sheltered concrete patio area with water pump and tap. Pedestrian access onto Old Antrim Road.
- Rear detached stone buildings
- No. 1, with security lighting:-
(i) (3.8m x 2.7m) Stone floor and open fire;
(ii) (6.05m x 4.2m) Wood sliding door to garage and stairs to floored first floor.
Carport (4.6m x 4.3m) Stone built shelter with corrugated iron roof
Please note that we have not tested the services or systems in this property. Purchasers should make/commission their own inspections if they feel it is necessary.