Corbally Hill, 138 Crew Road, Downpatrick, BT30 7HB
This excellent detached country residence began life in 1912 as the area's principal dispensary and the family home of Dr Moore.
The panoramic views from the elevated site include views over the surrounding countryside to the Irish Sea with the Isle of Man framed on the horizon and from the southerly aspect towards the Mourne Mountains.
The mature trees and beautiful gardens provide a most appropriate setting for this spacious and gracious family home.
The quality of the design and construction ensures that this house offers character, charm and comfort with four 1st floor bedrooms and family bathroom and a ground floor family room with potential as a guest bedroom with ensuite and 3 reception rooms including a gracious drawing room, formal dining room and a breakfast room with an oil fired Aga. There is a well fitted kitchen and utility area.
There is a coach house to the rear of this home offering potential for conversion, scope for the 'work from home' or space for a games room and studio.
This is a special Co. Down country residence and we hold on file most interesting historic documents including a verbal story stating a sighting of the Titanic, during the construction of this home, on her journey from Belfast to Southampton.
- GROUND FLOOR
- Original Tiled Floor; Feature Cornicing.
- Feature Port Hole Window; Feature Cornicing; Cloakroom.
- Drawing Room 18'0" x 16'7" (into Bay Window) (5.49m x 5.05m ( i
- Dual Aspect windows with feature Bay Window with stunning views towards the Mourne Mountains and out to sea towards the Isle of Man. Marble Fireplace with cast iron and tiled inserts. Feature Cornicing.
- Dining Room 16'3" x 12'0" (4.95m x 3.66m)
- Fireplace with tiled insert and hearth. Feature Cornicing.
- Family Room / Guest Bedroom 15'2" x 11'9" (4.62m x 3.58m)
- Fireplace; Feature Cornicing. With potential as a guest bedroom with ensuite.
- Shower Room
- Tiled floor and part tiled walls. Low flush W/C; hand basin and shower.
- Breakfast Room / Snug 10'10" x 10'10" (3.30m x 3.30m)
- Aga Cooker; range of units and built in shelves.
- Kitchen 17'0" x 9'10" (at widest points) (5.18m x 3.00m (
- Range of low and high level units. Tiled Floor. Belfast Sink. Multi Fuel Stove.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Staircase & Gallery Window
- Staircase with wooden bannisters and large gallery window with stunning views over the countryside and out to sea towards the Isle of Man.
- Master Bedroom 18'2" x 12'2" (5.54m x 3.71m)
- Cast Iron Fireplace with tiled insert; feature cornicing. Views towards Mourne Mountains.
- Bedroom 2 12'0" x 10'7" (3.66m x 3.23m)
- Cast Iron Fireplace with tiled insert; feature cornicing.
- Bedroom 3 10'6" x 9'9" (3.20m x 2.97m)
- Feature Fireplace.
- Bedroom 4 12'0" x 8'0" (3.66m x 2.44m)
- Feature Fireplace.
- Separate W/C
- Bath and hand basin.
- Mature private garden with front steps leading to lawned gardens. Lawns with variety of mature trees and shrubs. Private Orchard with variety of fruit trees. Driveway with electric gates.
- Coach House
- Incorporating a variety of outbuildings and a first floor annexe ideal for conversion; 'work from home' or 'granny flat'.