This beautiful detached country residence is simply stunning internally and externally, situated on a semi rural site of circa 0.9 acres and benefitting from views towards Scrabo Tower and of the surrounding farmland.
The current owner has built the home to a high specification with beautiful finishes including wooden beams, high ceilings, wooden shutters, Chinese slate floor and multi fuel stoves creating a warm, spacious family home in a great location within 4 miles of Newtownards.
On entering the home, you are immediately met with a beautiful staircase and gallery landing leading to the main reception areas. The ground floor has a dining room, bedroom (currently used as a dressing room), formal living room with multi fuel stove, cloakroom and wc, informal dining area with multi fuel stove, family kitchen and utility room and a show stopping sunroom with chinese slate floor surround and beam detail opening onto the rear garden.
In addition to this, the current owners have built an extension, accessed via the utility room to allow any potential purchaser the option of extending the kitchen or adding another reception area.
The first floor has four double bedrooms, master with ensuite shower room, walk in closet and Juliette balcony, one open to a games room/dressing room/office and two with lovely rural views. This floor also has a large family bathroom with modern white suite, raised area with free standing bath and a feature wall made of Chinese slate.
Externally, all areas have been well landscaped, providing multiple seating areas, areas in lawn and mature trees and hedging and has an additional field circa 0.4 of an acre with outhouses, play area and playhouse. There is also a detached garage with separate access to an upstairs gym/office which would be suitable for a variety of purposes.
Overall, this stunning home is perfect inside and out and will appeal to a wide range of viewers, especially those looking for a unique property in an idyllic location and we recommend early viewing.
- Accommodation Comprises:
- Entrance Hall
- Tiled floor, galleried landing, double doors to kitchen and open to dining room.
- Living Room 5.6m x 4.1m (18'4" x 13'5")
- Dual aspect views, inglenook style fireplace with multi-fuel burning stove, brick hearth, brick detailing, wooden beam, feature wooden shutters and wooden beam detailing.
- Dining Room 3.6m x 3.2m (11'10" x 10'6")
- Kitchen / Dining Area 5.3m x 3.3m (17'5" x 10'10")
- Country style range of high and low level units with laminate work surfaces, built in cooker, five ring gas hob, extractor hood, feature glazed units, space for dishwasher, built in plate rack, Inglenook style fireplace with multi-fuel burning stove, slate hearth, brick surround and feature wall, beams and chinese slate flooring.
- Kitchen Extension
- Recessed spotlighting, power and light and door to utility.
- Utility Room 3.5m x 2m (11'6" x 6'7")
- Country style range of high and low level units with granite work surfaces and built in drainer, Belfast style ceramic sink with mixer taps, space for American style fridge freezer and chinese slate flooring.
- Sunroom 5.8m x 5.3m (19'0" x 17'5")
- Double doors to rear garden, period style radiators, feature wooden shelves, feature brick opening with beam and Chinese slate floor surround.
- Bedroom 5 3.3m x 2.6m (10'10" x 8'6")
- Built in wardrobes and feature brick wall.
- White suite comprising low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, picture rail and wood laminate flooring.
- First Floor
- Hotpress storage.
- Master Bedroom 6m x 5.3m (19'8" x 17'5")
- High ceilings with feature beams, semi-rural views, views of Scrabo, double doors to Juliette balcony, walk in storage with shelving and Velux type windows.
- Walk in shower cubicle with overhead waterfall shower attachment, duravit ceramic sink with mixer taps and tiled sink, low flush wc, feature chrome wall mounted radiator, Velux type window, recessed spotlighting, fully tiled walls and tiled floor.
- Bedroom 2 3.7m x 3.2m (12'2" x 10'6")
- Feature wooden shutters and access to roofspace via ladder.
- Bedroom 3 3.3m x 3.2m (10'10" x 10'6")
- Dado rail and semi-rural views.
- Bedroom 4 4.3m x 3.1m (14'1" x 10'2")
- Semi-rural views. Open to:
- Games Room 5.6m x 3.3m (18'4" x 10'10")
- Velux type window, eaves storage, recessed spotlighting and feature beams.
- White suite comprising free standing bath with mixer taps, corner shower cubicle with Aqualisa overhead shower and glazed shower door, double sink with Duravit taps, feature chrome wall mounted radiator, low flush wc, recessed spotlighting, tiled walls with feature Chinese slate panel and tiled floor.
- Floored Roofspace
- Floored with spotlights.
- Front - Stone driveway for multiple cars, areas in lawn, paved parking area by detached garage, turning bay, semi-rural views, mature trees, shrubs and hedging, outside lights and tap.
Rear - Paved seating area, access to rear field with playhouse, two sheds, tap, play area, semi-rural views, outside boiler house, bedding areas, areas in lawn, lighting scheme, paved entertainment area with space for seating and hot tub, outside power points and mature trees.
- Detached Garage - Ground Floor 7m x 6m (23'0" x 19'8")
- Up and over door, built in storage, mezzanine storage, power and light, utility sink with storage and single circular sink with mixer taps.
- Detached Garage - First Floor 6.8m x 3.5m (22'4" x 11'6")
- Access via external steps, stable door, eaves storage, laminate wood flooring, dual aspect views, Velux type window and recessed spotlighting.
Please note that we have not tested the services or systems in this property. Purchasers should make/commission their own inspections if they feel it is necessary.