30 Ballybarnes Road has been a much loved family home for many years and would offer any potential buyer, the opportunity to create a fantastic home in a much sought after location. In need of some modernisation throughout, this exciting project will allow buyers to put their own stamp on this lovely home.
The Ballybarnes Road is popular due to its proximity to Newtownards town centre and the main arterial routes to Belfast and also because of its semi rural location, close to many countryside walks. Newtownards has a great range of amenities, leisure facilities and schools, including the well known Regent House Grammar School. Primarily a market town, but with many good restaurants and pubs, the town is becoming increasingly popular due to its good range of housing and range of amenities.
Internally, there is a bright sunroom as the entrance hall and located just off this is a cosy snug/family room. The main living room has doors through to the dining room and there are further sliding doors leading to the rear garden. The kitchen has a good range of units and a breakfast bar area with seating and leads to a separate utility room with rear garden access. The master suite is located on the ground floor and has built in wardrobes and an ensuite shower room. In addition, on this floor, there is a family bathroom with coloured suite. The first floor has two double bedrooms with a wc between the rooms and a double storage cupboard and both bedrooms benefit from lovely views.
Externally, to the front, is a large area in lawn with mature shrubs and plants and to the rear, there is a garage, workshop, area in lawn, paved area and a built in seating area with built in BBQ as well as a plethora of mature plants, shrubs and trees.
The views from this house are absolutely stunning, with uninterrupted views of Scrabo Tower, towards Strangford Lough and over Newtownards town centre, the elevated site also provides privacy, a feeling of being semi rural but still within a lovely row of well established homes in a good neighbourhood. We recommend viewing of this house at your earliest convenience.
- Accommodation Comprises:
- Entrance Porch / Sunroom 6.53 x 2.4 (21'5" x 7'10")
- Views over garden and towards Scrabo, recessed spotlighting, double doors to main house and double doors to snug.
- Hotpress with storage, storage cupboard and cornicing.
- Snug 4.5 x 3 (14'9" x 9'10")
- Cornicing, electric fire with marble hearth.
- Living Room 8 x 3.9 (26'3" x 12'10")
- Bay window with view of Scrabo, electric fire with tiled hearth, Scrabo stone surround and wooden mantle, cornicing and sliding doors to dining room.
- Dining Room 4.6 x 3 (15'1" x 9'10")
- Cornicing and sliding doors to rear garden.
- Kitchen 6 x 2.5 (19'8" x 8'2")
- Range of high and low level units with laminate work surfaces, feature glazed units, breakfast bar area, built in double oven,m space for fridge freezer, integrated four ring electric hob, stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, skylight, fully tiled walls and recessed spotlighting.
- Utility Room 3 x 1.6 (9'10" x 5'3")
- Space for tumble dryer, plumbed for washing machine, storage, door to rear garden and tiled floor.
- Bedroom 1 6.1 x 3 (20'0" x 9'10")
- Built in robes and cornicing.
- Coloured suite comprising walk in shower enclosure with overhead shower, low flush wc and vanity unit with mixer taps.
- First Floor
- Bedroom 2 4.3 x 3.8 (14'1" x 12'6")
- Views to Strangford Lough, Scrabo Tower and eaves storage.
- Bedroom 3 3.8 x 3.1 (12'6" x 10'2")
- Views towards Scrabo.
- Coloured suite comprising low flush wc and pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps.
- Front - Area in lawn, views towards Scrabo Tower and Newtownards, tarmac driveway for multiple vehicles, mature shrubs and trees.
Rear - Paved areas, built in coal bunker, outside workshop with power and light, outside tap, outside light, boiler house, covered yard area, built in BBQ and seating area, area in lawn, mature trees and shrubs.
- Garage 5.2 x 4.2 (17'1" x 13'9")
- Electric door to front and up and over door to rear, power and light.
Please note that we have not tested the services or systems in this property. Purchasers should make/commission their own inspections if they feel it is necessary.