This charming cottage was built circa 100 years ago and has been extended and updated by the current owners to create a beautiful home in a fantastic location close to Newtownards but in a semi-rural environment.
Internally, there is a country kitchen with a good range of units and lovely views over the rear garden area and towards the surrounding fields. The kitchen is open to a cosy family room which has double doors to the rear patio and double doors to the formal living room/dining room.
There are two double bedrooms, previously three, which could be returned to three if needed and the bedrooms also benefit from a rural outlook. The bathroom comprises bath and shower enclosure with a traditional suite and has a good sized linen cupboard. There is also roof space access via a number of rooms and a walk in cloakroom by the front door.
The site is around 0.9 acres and consists of a rear courtyard with detached garage and sheds leading to a gated area with lawn, two more sheds, mature trees, shrubs and hedging and a large workshop with "drive through" doors leading to a further garden area to the rear. The workshop has built in storage, cavity wall insulation and has a multi fuel stove installed.
Overall, this detached bungalow has an abundance of charm, a fantastic location and will appeal to a wide range of viewers, so we recommend early viewing as we anticipate great interest in this unique property.
- Accommodation Comprises:
- Entrance Hall
- Living Room 12'1 x 10' (3.68m x 3.05m)
- Open fireplace with polished tiled hearth, decorative tiled surround and carved wooden surround and mantle.
- Family Room 12'1 x 9'0 (3.68m x 2.74m)
- Tiled floor, double glazed doors to living room, open to kitchen and double doors to rear garden.
- Kitchen 12'1 x 10' (3.68m x 3.05m)
- Range of high and low level units with laminate work surfaces, one and a quarter bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, multi-fuel range cooker with tiled splashback, wooden mantle above range cooker, built in fridge, plumbed for washing machine, cornicing, archway to family room, tiled floor, views to rear garden and side door to garden.
- Bedroom 1 12' x 9'1 (3.66m x 2.77m)
- Solid wood flooring with built in storage, access to roofspace and rural views.
- Bedroom 2 16' x 10' (4.88m x 3.05m)
- Laminate wood flooring, cornicing and roofspace access.
- White suite comprising corner tiled shower cubicle with overhead Redring shower, wood panelled bath with telephone hand shower set, low flush wc, immersion heater in hot press, tiled floor, fully tiled walls and extractor fan.
- Front - Parking to front and rear, area in lawn and rural views.
Rear - Paved area, rural views, stone rear driveway and feature stone wall.
- Detached Garage 30' x 10' (9.14m x 3.05m)
- Power and light.
- Workshop 38' x 18' (11.58m x 5.49m)
- Power and light, two roller doors, cavity wall, mezzanine storage, built in storage, PVC door, multi fuel burning stove.
- Shed 1 10' x 8' (3.05m x 2.44m)
- Power and light.
- Shed 2 8' x 6' (2.44m x 1.83m)
- Potting shed.
Please note that we have not tested the services or systems in this property. Purchasers should make/commission their own inspections if they feel it is necessary.