This outstanding country residence is situated on a private elevated site with magnificent views with a panorama sweeping from the Mourne Mountains over Dundrum Bay to St Johns Point Lighthouse. This fine home is complemented by 5 acres and an excellent warehouse which facilitates those who want to enjoy high quality country living, work from home, run a business from home and pursue equestrian and farming interests.
This special home was built by the current owners with many individual features worthy of special mention including the natural stonework by award winning stonemasons McConnell's of Kilkeel (with the Princess Diana and Ground Zero memorials on their CV), gothic windows, cornicing by George Nicholl and handmade Oregon pine doors and architraves.
Families are attracted to this part of County Down because of the range and quality of the educational options, the wonderful country parks, Royal County Down and other special Golf and Sailing Clubs.
The ease of commuting to Dublin, Belfast International and Belfast City Airports will also appeal to those families with national and international travel requirements.
- Entrance Hall
- Stunningly bright and spacious entrance hall consisting of solid maple flooring and white cornice ceiling. Double doors leading to both lounge and dining room.
- Lounge 26'0'' x 16'10" (7.92m x 5.13m)
- Warm and welcoming reception room with a beautiful stone-finished Minster open fireplace gas plumbed for fire, maple flooring.
- W/C, wash hand basin and vanity unit in a beautiful white finish.
- Rear Porch
- Ceramic tiled floor.
- Dining Room 19'4" x 15' 0" (5.89m x 4.57m 0.00m)
- Large dining room with solid maple flooring, cornice ceiling and serving hatch.
- Study 13'6" x 10'0" (4.11m x 3.05m)
- With a light parquet flooring.
- Living Room 15'8" x 15' 0" (4.78m x 4.57m 0.00m)
- A cozy sitting area with multi-fuel burning stove surrounded by a brick fireplace, wooden mantle and double doors leading to the sun room.
- Sun Room 16'5 x 13' 5" (5.00m x 3.96m 0.13m)
- Tongue and groove ceiling, tiled flooring and exposed brick walls.
- Kitchen 26'2" x 20' 6" (7.98m x 6.10m 0.15m)
- Comprises a breakfast area, granite/tiled surfaces, Belfast style sink, four oven Aga cooker, brick fireplace, wine rack, exposed beams and stone flooring.
- Utility Room 13'6" x 10' 0" (4.11m x 3.05m 0.00m)
- Stone flooring, Belfast style sink and utility units.
- Spacious hallway with walk in hotpress, hardwood flooring and cornice ceiling.
- Master Bedroom 24'7" x 21'7" (7.49m x 6.58m)
- Large master bedroom with ensuite, exposed beams and Oregon pine built in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 2 15' 8" x 12' 3" (4.57m 0.20m x 3.66m 0.08m)
- Exposed beams and built in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 3 14' 9" x 12' 6" (4.27m 0.23m x 3.66m 0.15m)
- Built in wardrobes with Oregon pine doors.
- Bedroom 4 14' 8" x 12' 6" (4.27m 0.20m x 3.66m 0.15m)
- Oregon pine built in wardrobes and hand wash basin and tiled splash back.
- Garage 33'0" x 25'0" (10.06m x 7.62m)
- Three wooden doors, Belfast style sink and numerous work surfaces and cupboards.
- Greenhouse 27'0" x 12'0" (8.23m x 3.66m)
- Potting Shed
- Stainless steel sink unit, brick archway to pebbled walkway.
- Shed and Workshop 90'0" x 40'0" (27.43m x 12.19m)
- Extensive shed/warehouse with mezzanine work area.
- Dog Kennel 16'0" x 8'0" (4.88m x 2.44m)
- Donkey House 16'0" x 8' 0" (4.88m x 2.44m 0.00m)
- Boiler Room
- Oil fired fuel efficient condensing boiler
- Consisting of electric shower, hand wash basin, maple floor and spotlights.
- Overlooking the kitchen area
Please note that we have not tested the services or systems in this property. Purchasers should make/commission their own inspections if they feel it is necessary.