Built circa 1924, this stunning B1 listed property is packed full of original features, charm and character and will appeal to a wide range of purchasers due to its location, size and unique ambience.
Situated on the prestigious New Road, the home is within minutes of Donaghadee's beautiful promenade, sea front and the wide range of local amenities that the town has to offer. Donaghadee is a very popular seaside town and has enjoyed a period of rejuvenation with many of the historical buildings being renovated, an influx of independent retailers opening premises, new housing to the area and the town also benefits from a fantastic range of coffee shops, bars and restaurants to choose from.
The current owners of this stunning home have sympathetically modernised throughout, whilst keeping the array of features that this home has to offer. From the tiling in the porch through to the original fireplaces and stained glass door, the home is steeped in history and reflects the attention to detail that would be associated with the transition period from art nouveau to art deco.
The ground floor has a formal living room with dual aspect views, an inglenook style fireplace with multi-fuel burning stove, dining room with built in storage and fireplace and a good sized kitchen with a modern range of units, space for a dining table and family area. The first floor has a wc, bathroom and three double bedrooms, two with original fireplaces and one suitable for a second reception with a beautiful bay window and views towards the sea. On the top floor, there is a double bedroom and a master bedroom with views over Donaghadee and the sea front with another original fireplace and feature beam.
The outside areas are landscaped, with private, enclosed gardens to front, side and rear. There are mature shrubs, trees and plants, seating areas for outdoor entertaining and the rear of the property enjoys a southerly aspect. Parking can be accessed at the back of the property with an enclosed driveway in stone for multiple vehicles. The property further benefits from gas fired central heating. With the overall ambience of this spacious family home in a fantastic location, we anticipate great interest and we expect demand to be high from a range of viewers. We recommend viewing at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
- Accommodation Comprises:
- Entrance Porch
- Original tiled floor, glazed front door, feature stained glass door to hallway and cornicing.
- Entrance Hall
- Cornicing, open cloakroom area and original Art Deco staircase.
- Living Room 6.1 x 4.5 (20'0" x 14'9")
- Dual aspect views, bay window, cornicing, picture rail, inglenook style fireplace with multi-fuel burning stove, slate hearth, brick inset, carved wooden surround and mantle, under panelling at windows.
- Dining Room 3.93 x 3.15 (12'11" x 10'4")
- Dual aspect windows, built in storage, open fireplace with tiled hearth and inset and carved wooden surround and mantle.
- Kitchen 7.6 x 3.2 (24'11" x 10'6")
- Range of high and low level units with laminate work surfaces and upstands, one and a quarter bowl ceramic sink unit with mixer taps, built in drainer, two built in Neff ovens, built in storage shelves, five ring gas hob with built in extractor hood, tiled splashback, space for fridge freezer, plumbed for gas tumble dryer, gas fired boiler, recessed spotlighting, tiled floor and sea views.
- Rear Porch
- First Floor
- Bedroom 1 3.6 x 3.2 (11'10" x 10'6")
- Original floorboards and views over rear garden.
- Bedroom 2 3.9 x 3.6 (12'10" x 11'10")
- Picture rail, sea views, original cast iron fireplace with tiled hearth and inset.
- Bedroom 3 / Reception Room 6.1 x 5.6 (20'0" x 18'4")
- Picture rail, cornicing, original art nouveau fireplace with tiled hearth and inset, and wooden surround and mantle.
- White suite comprising panelled bath with overhead shower attachment and glazed shower screen, pedestal wash hand basin, chrome wall mounted radiator, access to roofspace and built in storage.
- White suite comprising wall mounted Burlington sink, high flush wc, panelling and feature pebble flooring.
- Second Floor
- Bedroom 4 3.9 x 3.6 (12'10" x 11'10")
- Access to roofspace via ladder and sea views.
- Bedroom 5 6.2 x 4.2 (20'4" x 13'9")
- Dual aspect windows, sea views, original cast iron fireplace and feature beams.
- Front - Fully enclosed with stone walkway, outside light, mature trees and shrubs and area in lawn with brick border.
Side - Area in lawn.
Rear - Gated with driveway in stone, area in lawn with brick border, paved seating area, bedding section, mature trees and shrubs, outside light and outside tap.
- Utility Room
- Plumbed for washing machine, single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, low flush wc, power and light.
- Outhouse 3.8 x 3.7 (12'6" x 12'2")
Please note that we have not tested the services or systems in this property. Purchasers should make/commission their own inspections if they feel it is necessary.